If you haven't already volunteered for one of the open positions, please consider doing so. Contact Jennifer Bigelow, Michael Greenberg, or Larry Gifford to see which are still available. To make Empire even better, get involved.
We are excited to have the opportunity to show our raffle quilt and sell tickets at the Mancuso Quilt and Sewing Fest of New Jersey, March 2-5, 2017. We are looking for volunteers for all four days of the show, Thursday through Sunday, particularly Thursday and Friday.
Please see the show link below for more information about workshops and exhibits at the Mancuso show.
To volunteer your time, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. I was at the show last year selling tickets and it was a terrific experience. Please consider volunteering your time for this.
April Workshop - TWO TONE TWISTER with Erin Underwood
Sunday April 9, 2017 520 Eighth Avenue Room 319
(between 36 & 37 Sts) 10 AM to 4 PM Fee $65 ($75 for non-members)
Guild Business Meeting: 1:00 p.m.
Saturday March 11,2017
Location: Church of the Holy Apostles
296 Ninth Ave (@ 28th St)
Please join us! Meetings are free for new members.
No Guest Fee!
Meeting events and activities:
Our 2017 Quilt Show is just around the corner please click here to submit your entries. Volunteers are needed as well!
The Next QUILT COMMITTEE Call Meeting is Monday March 6th
CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
Check in with us via social networking. We want to hear from you!
New to our guild? The guest fee is now $10! Please join us!
Some exciting trips are in the works make sure to click here for the latest Notices such as information about upcoming trips, and where to see guild members exhibiting quilts locally. Have something you'd like to add? Send it to us!
2017 Show Quilt - "35 and Counting"
Raffle tickets are now available.
If you're a member who didn't pick up your packet at the November meeting, please get it at the January meeting.
THE SWAP RETURNS - HERE IS WHAT TO DO TO GET 42 DIFFERENT FABRICS EACH MONTH.
- Choose either a color or a design from the monthly list and find 6 fabrics of that color or design.
- Cut a 6 inch wide strip across each of the fabrics. Then cut each strip into 7 squares.
- Sort the 42 total squares into 7 sets containing one square of each fabric.
- Put a set of fabrics in each of 6 letter sized envelopes and seal. (Hold the 7th set at home.)
- PRINT your first and last name on each envelope and either the color or the design you chose.
- Put a rubber band around your set of envelopes.
- At the beginning of meeting, register with the swap domo and pass in your envelopes.
- At the end of the meeting, pick up your swapped envelopes. You will be returned envelopes from 6 different people. The envelopes contain 36 different fabrics, plus the 6 you left at home makes 42 different fabrics total.
WHY DO YOU EVEN CONSIDER CHARM PACKS WHEN THERE IS A SWAP AVAILABLE AT YOUR MEETING?
Mar Purple Paisley
Apr Aqua/Turquoise/Teal Flowers
May Yellows Black & White
Jun Blues Nautical