We are gearing up for our Quilt Show on April 1 and 2. If you haven't yet volunteered for a task, please do so right away. If you haven't finished your show quilt(s), get busy. If you haven't sold all your raffle quilt tickets, get busy. If you have sold all your tickets, get more tickets. For more info about the show, see the Show section below. Also, make sure you pick up your show packet from Larry at the meeting.
In our upcoming February meeting we will have our Members Teaching Members event. Hopefully, you took the opportunity to sign up for one of the learning opportunities at the January meeting.
March is our annual all-day charity quiltathon, so get busy making tops or quilts to bring in then. We don't charge a guest fee, so invite non-Empire friends who sew to join us. More info about this day will come. In addition, the quilts for the show will be judged on that day, so look for information regarding this as well.
In April there will be nominations for our Board elections in May. If you are interested in serving on the Board, let Lee or Michael Greenberg know. We definitely need someone to serve as Treasurer. We really need to get this position filled asap. If you are interested, see either Lee or Larry Gifford for details.
All months: Please bring food to share. If it's gluten-free, dairy-free, or egg-free, please label it as such so everyone who needs the restriction will know that item is safe. And please try not to remove such labels or mix the restricted foods with foods everyone can eat.
April Workshop - TWO TONE TWISTER with Erin Underwood
Sunday April 9, 2017 520 Eighth Avenue Room 319
(between 36 & 37 Sts) 10 AM to 4 PM Fee $65 ($75 for non-members)
Guild Business Meeting: 1:00 p.m.
Saturday February 11,2017
Location: Church of the Holy Apostles
296 Ninth Ave (@ 28th St)
Please join us! Meetings are free for new members.
Guest Fee $10
Meeting events and activities:
Our 2017 Quilt Show is just around the corner please click here to submit your entries. Volunteers are needed as well!
Check in with us via social networking. We want to hear from you!
New to our guild? The guest fee is now $10! Please join us!
Some exciting trips are in the works make sure to click here for the latest Notices such as information about upcoming trips, and where to see guild members exhibiting quilts locally. Have something you'd like to add? Send it to us!
2017 Show Quilt - "35 and Counting"
Raffle tickets are now available.
If you're a member who didn't pick up your packet at the November meeting, please get it at the January meeting.
THE SWAP RETURNS - HERE IS WHAT TO DO TO GET 42 DIFFERENT FABRICS EACH MONTH.
- Choose either a color or a design from the monthly list and find 6 fabrics of that color or design.
- Cut a 6 inch wide strip across each of the fabrics. Then cut each strip into 7 squares.
- Sort the 42 total squares into 7 sets containing one square of each fabric.
- Put a set of fabrics in each of 6 letter sized envelopes and seal. (Hold the 7th set at home.)
- PRINT your first and last name on each envelope and either the color or the design you chose.
- Put a rubber band around your set of envelopes.
- At the beginning of meeting, register with the swap domo and pass in your envelopes.
- At the end of the meeting, pick up your swapped envelopes. You will be returned envelopes from 6 different people. The envelopes contain 36 different fabrics, plus the 6 you left at home makes 42 different fabrics total.
WHY DO YOU EVEN CONSIDER CHARM PACKS WHEN THERE IS A SWAP AVAILABLE AT YOUR MEETING?
Feb Reds Japanese Prints
Mar Purple Paisley
Apr Aqua/Turk/Teal Flowers
May Yellows Black & White
Jun Blues Nautical