Patchwork Heart — 9" finished (9½" unfinished) Block
To get a head start for Valentine's Day I have borrowed this Patchwork Heart from the Fraser Valley Quilters' Guild. I have made mine from flowers, but I expect that you will find other interesting fillings for your heart. Think outside the box! Here are the very simple instructions:
- 15 – 2" x 2" squares of white or cream colored background fabric
- 17 – 2" x 2" squares of your pattern fabric
- 2 – 2-3/8" x 2-3/8" squares of background fabric and cut these in half diagonally
- 2 – 2-3/8" x 2-3/8" squares of pattern fabric, cut these in half diagonally and join with other diagonal triangles to maek 4 half-square triangles
- Assemble block in rows referring to diagram
Once again, if I can be of any help to you in making this block, please do not hesitate to call me.
— Leila Lieberman
To download these instructions in .pdf format, ››CLICK HERE.
›› Return to Block of the Month Page